At Home With Diversity (AHWD) Certification
The industry is changing, which means you must change with it!
The At Home With Diversity (AHWD) educational experience is designed to present a picture of the changing face of the industry. REALTORS® who adapt to increasing cultural diversity and wisely plan to meet the needs of diverse clients gain a competitive edge and expand opportunities.
The AWHD gives you the ability to:
- Assess and understand attributes of diversity in local markets and associated impacts on the real estate industry.
- Build a business plan and selling strategy to successfully service all client profiles.
- Understand basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status or national origin.
AHWD addresses the topics of diversity, fair housing and business planning development that is designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry.
AHWD Certification Course: At Home With Diversity
Discover the skills you need to expand homeownership opportunities for the growing number of diverse buyers and sellers! This one-day course addresses issues of diversity, fair housing and cultural differences, and the course also presents information regarding how to conduct business in culturally competent ways.
The objectives of this course include:
- Heighten awareness of and sensitivity to the social and cultural constituencies of local real estate markets.
- Help students develop skills in cross-cultural communication and strategic business planning.
- Offer analysis regarding consumers who make up the local market as well as their values, customs and real estate needs as well as the expectations of real estate professionals.
- Provide practical skills and tools to increase real estate professionals’ effectiveness in servicing all social groups.
You'll walk away from this course with the ability to:
- Examine cultural stereotypes, assumptions and biases to increase awareness of such thoughts and attitudes, and learn how to value individual differences.
- Explain that inclusion is the aim of diversity sensitivity and how it will increase business and enhance risk management.
- Communicate more effectively and provide equal service to clients in their multicultural local markets.
- Apply and practice One America Principles and fair housing laws.
- Build and expand on your understanding of cultural differences.
- Develop professional and sensitivity guidelines for working with people of different cultures.
- Identify personal objectives and review potential strategies to create business plans that include diversity.
- Research and interpret data to assess cultural attributes in local markets.
- Access and analyze U.S. demographic information to understand the impact of current trends on the real estate industry.
- Modify marketing and selling strategies to attract and service multicultural and international clients in their local markets.
- Develop a business plan based on inclusion and diversity to address specific needs of clients in the local multicultural and international markets.
- Date and time: TBD late 2017 | 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: WRA headquarters live / classroom webcasts TBD.
- Instructor: Eric Kodner.
- Credits: This course can be credited toward earning the following designations or certifications: ABR, CIPS, CRS and PMN. Does not qualify for CE credit.
More AHWD information