Certified Residential Specialist
The Certified Residential Specialist® (CRS) is the professional designation offered by the Council of Residential Specialists. The highest designation awarded to sales associates in the residential sales field, the CRS designation recognizes professional accomplishments in both experience and education.
CRS 204: Buying and Selling Income Properties
April 5-6, 2017 | 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Secure a solid financial future with property investment! Fund your children’s college tuition? Finally go on a Caribbean cruise? Ensure an enjoyable and financially stable retirement?
Understanding the investment side of real estate can open the doors to new income opportunities and help secure your financial goals, both personally and professionally. The CRS 204: Buying and Selling Income Properties course is your first step!
More people have become wealthy investing in real estate than many other investments. In this course, students will discover the specific secrets to smart real estate investment. Students also will learn how to identify the right opportunities in both downmarkets and upmarkets, compare real estate investment with other types of investment, and create additional wealth — for themselves and their clients. This high-energy course explores a commonly overlooked method of generating sales, and the results can be life-changing! This class is a must for any real estate professional looking to create wealth through residential real estate investment.
- Understanding taxation to make money: Cost recovery and depreciation, new capital gains and converting your residence into a rental.
- A system to get to the bottom line: Cash flow after taxes, analyzing residential investments and net operating income.
- Wealth-building strategies made simple: Choice of ownership entities; using tax-deferred funds; and strategies with buying, owning or selling.
Additionally, the course will provide various case studies — specifically on tax-deferred exchanges, and will outline how you can increase your bottom line via property management.
- Date and time: April 5-6, 2017 | 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Location: WRA headquarters live / classroom webcasts to Appleton, Eau Claire, Kenosha, Mosinee, Sheboygan and Woodruff.
- Instructor: Douglas Richards.
- Credits: This course qualifies for 16 CRS credits and ABR elective credit. Also qualifies for two GRI live elective credits. Approved for six hours of 2017-18 CE elective credit.
- Sponsor: This course is co-sponsored with the Wisconsin CRS chapter.
New CRS online testing format: The CRS council now requires you to take the final exam online. Bring your mobile device or laptop to take the test and receive your results immediately. No hard-copy exams will be available. A CRS online account is not necessary.
Instructor: Doug Richards
More CRS information