Sales Exam Information
Reviewed and approved by Wisconsin real estate professionals, the sales exam consists of 140 questions covering laws, regulations and practices of real estate in Wisconsin. This computer-based exam has no limit for the number of times you may take the exam, however you are required to pay the exam fee each time.
At the conclusion of the test, you’ll be notified whether you passed or failed. Upon passing, you’ll receive an application to apply for a real estate license; if you didn’t pass, you’ll receive an application to take the exam again.
Sales Exam Requirements
You must satisfy one of the following requirements before taking the exam:
- Show proof of completion of the required, DSPS-approved instruction.
- Show proof of 10 semester-hour credits in real estate or real estate-related law courses at an accredited institution of higher education (Note: Applicants are advised to submit transcripts to the DSPS for approval of credit courses prior to applying for examination.)
- Show proof of being licensed to practice law in Wisconsin.
Register for the Exam Today!
Licensing exams are $82 and are conducted by Pearson VUE Examination Services. Visit www.PearsonVUE.com for exam information. The candidate handbook will also provide you with additional information on preparing for the exam.
Testing Center Locations
The exam is convenient and available wherever you are:
- Wisconsin: Elm Grove/Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Eau Claire, Wausau
- Minnesota: Edina, Hermantown/Duluth
- Illinois: Chicago
See the Out-of-State Licensees section if you’re interested in obtaining a Wisconsin license and do not live in the state.